GAIA Converter has expanded its range of high power quarter-brick DC-DC Converters with the addition of a 120 W output module.
The MGDI-124 low input series is a line of high-density wide input range DC-DC power modules designed for transportation, railways and high-end industrial applications. With 120 W power, this DC-DC converter is particularly suitable for ultra-compact power supply design.
The standard models feature an ultra-wide input voltage range of 9-36 VDC, and able to sustain a 40 VDC transient for 100ms. The single output features an output trim range of 80% to 110% of nominal and also includes a sense function. All modules feature internal LC network filters that minimise reflected input current ripple and output voltage ripple and thus reducing the external filter components and further reducing the bill of materials and real estate. Safety features include input undervoltage lockout, output overvoltage and overcurrent protection and overtemperature protection. Additionally, a soft-start function eliminates inrush current during start-up. The modules are potted with a bi-component thermal conductive compound and used an insulated metallic substrate to ensure optimum power dissipation under harsh environmental conditions.
Key features of the MGDI-124:
- Wide input range 9 – 36 VDC, 40 VDC for 100ms
- 5 V, 12 V, 15 V, 24 V output options
- Industry-standard quarter-brick package
- Power up to 120 W with efficiency above 91%
- Metallic case with galvanic isolation of 1500 VDC
- Integrated LC EMI filter
- Soft start and Input undervoltage lock-out
- Output overvoltage and overcurrent protection
- Overtemperature protection